The blogger I am using is rumored to only allow a certain amount of photos to be uploaded unless you pay and sign your life away for more options. Therefore, I may get another blogger in the future. I also am thinking of making a link on my blog to albums I will create on facebook of the remaining 400 or so photos I have left. In the meantime... let the stories commence:
Okay for starters I went today with Jon to Media Markt to get a new washing machine and fridge. The house I am staying in, Kia House, is home to 22 different people and Jon is landlord so I went with him to loyally support him in his spending endeavors.
I recently put the old washing machine out of its misery. I thought that Germans washed their bedding and pillows. They don't. They stick them out a window and hope it doesn't rain. It rains half the time here. So if it doesn't rain the pillows and bedding is clean if it is left outside......
What?
I don't know either.
So after I wrecked the washing machine I got told that the pillows and bedding are made out of down and feathers of poor little ducks. The duck remains are not to be put in the washing machine because they soak up all the water. When the duck remains soak up all the water, they cause the washing machine to freak out cause it can't turn. The washing machine then drowns in its own water.
This is why I've decided I shouldn't do laundry in Europe. That, and the fact that the temperature settings on the machine are all in celcius. 40 degrees is NOT cold and 60 degrees is over a hundred degrees in farenheit.
Again..
what?
I am hiring a maid to do my laundry or I am ruining the new washing machine.
We also had to get a new fridge today cause the old one was leaking yellow water with food particles in it in the bottom tray. Gross. The other day one of workers and I were putting supplies in the fridge and a bottle of mustard fell over into the nasty bottom tray. That yellow water and bits of ham (or whatever it was) splashed out of the tray and onto her face and my jeans.
I have never been more excited about getting a new fridge.
Ever.
Another very gross thing just happened to me.
Since my room is the half the size of the average dorm room and has no air conditioning it gets very stuffy so I have to open the window. Its night so I turned off the lights so the bugs won't come in. Well, as I was typing the story above I felt something on my arm and had my first encounter with a German roach. It was about as long as a postage stamp but still extremely unnerving. I really did not want to lose it in my tiny room and wake up with it living in my nose. Luckily, I squished it with a book I'm reading so the horror is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment