Sunday, May 8, 2011

Germany week 1 or so

Jon's house in Jon's  village. There  were  welcoming decorations out.


The typical German house. Really.


We were pretty high up.


The German forest. Turn your computer or head sideways for enhanced viewing.


A view from Jon's village. This is what most of Germany looks like minus the pony.
This week has been one of the strangest ever. I have been dealing with jet lag and mild sinusitis but I have seen new (old) things everyday. Even the little things are new. The toilets and windows flush and work differently. The houses are like stuff out of a german style section of a tourist attraction in America. People live in houses that are really centuries old and look like they did that long ago. It's very practical.  My birthday involved four different kinds of cake  that were all homemade and a most of Jon's family gave me presents which was unexpected and very nice. I now have a cell phone that is better than any of the ones I used to have. I'm not sure whether to jump up and down for joy about the cell phone or be confused by its prescence. Another thing about Germany is that I am having a great time but I am so worn out by the end of the day that I don't have the energy to update this blog.. I expect that that will change... So right now I am typing this and I am totally content and happy and stuff but I am also totally about to fall asleep. I bet I am going to be embarrassed when I read this again (that's how tired I am). Okay, now that all the words are blurring together I will leave some pictures and tchuss.. or whatever..

No comments:

Post a Comment